Thank you for deciding to apply to AYA!
Applicants, please note:
- It’s always best to apply early. You will be required to have a student visa and the process to obtain it can be time consuming so the sooner you are accepted into the program, the better.
– After you submit the online program application an AYA staff member will contact you and send you additional forms that are required for your application. Just so that you are aware, the entire application package is comprised of the following:
– A non-refundable application fee of $30. To pay, you can send a check or money order in the mail, or we can send you a link to pay online.
– A personal statement of a few paragraphs written in the language of the country you are applying to study in. You may wish to detail your reasons for wanting to study through AYA: how studying abroad enters into your plans for a career, and in what way your overseas studies might complement your current research and interests.
– Official transcripts of your academic record through the last completed semester
– A photocopy or scan of your passport.
– 2 passport photos.
– A signed copy of the Release & Credits Form | Download Here
– A sealed letter of recommendation written by a professor
– A language evaluation form completed, signed and sealed by a language professor | Download Here
– A medical report form completed signed and sealed by a family or college physician | Download Here
You will receive an email from us regarding your acceptance within one week of receiving your complete application package. Once accepted, an acceptance package will be sent to you in the mail. Your acceptance package will indicate the date by which your deposit is due (usually 1 month from acceptance). Payments are due in full by August 1 for Fall semester and December 1 for Spring semester.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about the application process or the program to which you are applying.