AYA Study Abroad Paris at Paris IV & the Institut Catholique
Fall 2016/Spring 2017: $11,995.00
2016-2017 Academic Year: $22,495.00
The BASIC FEE is required of all participants. Included in this fee:
- Provision of most necessary documents for obtaining the French student visa
- Pre-inscription and tuition at the Université de Paris-Sorbonne (Paris IV), the Institut Catholique, the Cours de Civilisation (for intensive language study), and other Parisian universities such as Paris VII and Paris VIII, schools and institutes throughout Paris. (Tuition at private fine art, drama, dance, and music schools is included only for student majors in these fields.)
- Orientation led by the AYA Paris Director, including mini tours, tutorials, grammar review, course placement and registration
- Academic guidance and tutoring throughout the semester or year (when requested)
Official transcripts (including relevés de notes) and recommendations (when requested)
Public transportation pass for unlimited travel within Paris
- An extensive program of group activities occurring every one or two weeks, including
- Outings within Paris ~ students attend plays, concerts, visit a museum or an art gallery
- Day-trips outside Paris ~ examples include Chartres, Versailles, Fontainebleau, Reims, Malmaison
- Overnight excursions ~ weekend trip to the Vallée de la Loire and grands châteaux (Fall Term); weekend trip to Bayeux, the D-Day landing beaches at Normandy, and the magnificent Mont Saint Michel (Spring Term).
- Access to all Reid Hall facilities, such as the library, garden, lounge, piano (with permission), meeting rooms, and Wi-Fi
- Airport pick-up
The AYA BASIC FEE does not cover transportation outside of Paris, personal expenses, or any liability on the part of the student for damage done to a third party. A deposit of $500 is required when the Contract is signed. Should the applicant wish to withdraw before the beginning of the term, $300 of this deposit is refundable to the extent that AYA has not incurred tuition or other expenses on the student’s behalf.
OPTIONAL HOUSING FEE Per Semester/Term: $6,900.00
The optional HOUSING FEE covers AYA-arranged housing in a French home and, as one option, includes breakfast and dinner every day except Sundays during the academic term, and room but not board during the Christmas and Easter holidays. All housing is contracted for the semester. A $500 deposit is required with the return of the Contract. This down-payment is refundable before the beginning of the semester if AYA has not incurred housing expenses on the student’s behalf.
AYA students often study overseas on federal grants/loans and scholarships from their home colleges and universities. An AYA applicant presently receiving financial aid should immediately make an appointment with his/her college’s financial aid officer to discuss the possibility of extending the aid to study abroad. Often, this requires the home school to recognize the study overseas as part of study towards the student’s degree. This usually involves the signing of a simple consortium agreement with AYA. In support of a financial aid application, AYA will provide an attestation that an applicant will be enrolled as a full-time student at a bona fide institution of higher learning: its staff will facilitate the student’s request for financial aid in every possible way, but AYA is not authorized to certify HSL and Stafford Loans; this must be done by the student’s college or university. When the student is admitted, his/her college or university must provide written notification to AYA of the nature, amount, and date of payment of the student’s financial aid.
Several AYA scholarships are available each semester to students who qualify. Please contact the AYA office for more information.